Jim Infantino on panels and Jim's Big Ego at Boskone 57 Sci Fi Convention
Below are all the events in which I will be participating at the Boskone 57 Conference.
The Westin Boston Waterfront
425 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210
phone: (617) 532-4600
I hope to see you there!
Friday, February 14th, 2020 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Panel: Are Superheroes Dying?
Location: Harbor I
It's my first time on a panel. Come see me mix it up.
Program Description:You can’t keep a good (or bad) superhero down for long … because they always seem to come back in the next scene, chapter, or film. That’s their essential nature: They defy death! But is that really a good thing? Should we let superheroes fade gently into that good night? Are we finally tiring of these endlessly buoyant characters?
Josh Dahl (MakeBetterComics.com) (M), Auston Habershaw, Melinda Snodgrass (Stealing Fire Productions Inc.), John Langan, Jim Infantino (Jim's Big Ego)
Saturday, February 15th, 2020 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Filkers (sci-fi folk musicians) - Group Reading
I believe I will be reading from my novel at this event.
Program Description:Independence · 25 min · Reading
Saturday, February 15th, 2020 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Songs of Science Song Circle
My sciencey songs in a circle
Program Description: Format: Filk / Music
Jim Infantino (Jim's Big Ego), Dr. Mary Crowell, Benjamin Newman
Saturday, February 15th, 2020 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Concert - Jim's Big Ego
Location: Harbor I
Jim's Big Ego gets down with the speculative, fantastical, and spacey.Hailing from the quaint New England village of Boston, Massachusetts, Jim’s Big Ego has carved a unique place in the music world by rocking harder, fresher, sweeter, and better than the rest.
Sunday, February 16th, 2020 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Playing in the Post-Apocalypse World
Location: Marina 1
Why do so many SF writers enjoy playing in this subgenre? Are they simply reporting reasonable extrapolations, because we’re clearly doomed real soon due to climate, corporations, overcrowding, video games, superbugs, big meteorites, and/or reality TV? Is it just because story thrives on conflict, and post-apocalyptic landscapes offer so much scope for disagreements—with chainsaws? Our panelists take a look at some of the more interesting post-apocalyptic worlds as they discuss why they are so compelling and what makes them work.
Julie C. Day, Gene Doucette, Errick Nunnally, Clea Simon (M), Jim Infantino (Jim's Big Ego)
Sunday, February 16th, 2020 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Musician's Jam Session
Format: Filk / Music (sci-fi inspired acoustic music)
A favorite of our Featured Filkers! Bring your instruments, or just yourself to hang out, listen, and play if the mood takes you.
Eric Coleman (Cheshire Moon), Lizzie Crowe (Cheshire Moon), Edward Stauff (St. Paul's Episcopal Church, N. Andover, MA), Dr. Mary Crowell, Susan Weiner (Cheshire Moon), Jim Infantino (Jim's Big Ego), Adam Stemple, Denise A. Gendron, C. S. E. Cooney
- Solo In Isolation Weekly show this Saturday at 5pm EST
- Solo In Isolation is taking a break but there is an online show Wednesday night at 7pm
- Week 10 of Solo In Isolation this Saturday @ 5pm Eastern on YouTube
- Week 8 of Solo In Isolation this Saturday and on Passim Streams May 20
- Week 7 of Solo In Isolation on YouTube Live, Sat, May 2 at 5pm EDT
- Week 6 of Solo In Isolation on YouTube Live, Sat, April 25 at 5pm EDT
- Week 5 of Solo In Isolation on YouTube Live, Sat, April 18 at 5pm EST
- Week 4 of Solo In Isolation on YouTube Live, Sat, April 11 at 5pm EST
- Jim’s third Solo in Isolation concert This Saturday, April 4, at 5pm EST
- I'm doing a solo YouTube Live show this Saturday at 5pm Eastern
- Jim Infantino on panels and Jim's Big Ego at Boskone 57 Sci Fi Convention
- Shows at the Hopewell Theater, Rozzy Open Mic, and Boskone 57 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Convention